About Dr. S.K. Thakur :
Dr. S.K. Thakur Is Sr. Gastroenterologist at Sama Hospital, New Delhi. He Has Served in The Indian Armed Forces For 23 Years as a Consultant in Medicine and Gastroenterology and Was a Professor and Head of The Dept. of Medicine At AFMC Pune And Army Hospital (R&R) Delhi Cantt. He Has Been an Examiner for MD Medicine And DM Gastroenterology at Pune University and Delhi University. He Was the Professor and Head of Medicine and Gastroenterology at The Army Hospital Research and Referral Hospital, Delhi Cantt.
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (1975)
- MD from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (1984)
- DM (Gastroenterology) from PGI Chandigarh (1991)
- Fellow of International College of Angiology (FICA)-USA
Procedures Performed :
He Has Performed Over 30,000 Endoscopic Procedures Including Diagnostic and Therapeutic Work which Includes.
- Esophageal Stenting
- Esophageal Balloon Dilatation
- Endoscopic Sclerotherapy (EST)
- Variceal Band Ligation (EVC)
- Endoscopic Polypectomy
- Bariatric Balloon Placement
- Endoclipping & Colonoscopic Polypectomy
Special Expertise :
Therapeutic (Endoscopic) Procedures for Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Tract (Esophagus, Stomach, Large Intestine), Small Bowel Disorder, and Liver Disorder, (Including Advance Treatment for Chronic Liver Disease, Viral Hepatitis B & C, Alcoholic Liver Disease, Cirrhosis Liver) Chronic Disorders.
Total Years of Experience :
Over 35 Years of Overall Experience
Awards & Honours :
- Member ( Core Group on Health National Human Rights Commission) NHRC.
- Awarded Pune University Gold Medal for M.D. (Medicine) 1984.
- Awarded Mahatma Gandhi Leadership Award by NRI Society in the House of Commons, London, U.K. in May 2019.
- Awarded Swastha Ratan Award by Delhi Medical Association in July 2022.
- Awarded Chikitsak Ratan Award by Indian Medical Association in November 2022.
Research & Publications :
He has Over 20 Research Publications in Various Indian and International Journals.