What is Total Knee Replacement?
Knee arthroplasty, also known as knee replacement, helps relieve pain and restore function in severe knee joint disease. The procedure includes cutting off the damaged bone and eliminating the cartilage from the thighbone, kneecap, or shinbone and then replacing them with a prosthesis (joint) made of high-grade plastics, metal alloys, and polymers.
An orthopedic surgeon is suitable for suggesting whether you need a knee replacement by analyzing your knee strength, stability, and range of motion. X-rays help in determining the extent of the damage. Your doctor will select surgical techniques considering your knee size and shape, age, activity level, weight, and overall health.
Why Total Knee Replacement Surgery?
Surgery is the only solution because:
1. Physiotherapy alone is less effective
2. IFT, Ultrasound, etc. Provide temporary comfort
3. Short term relief from Ayurveda & Massages
4. Surgery results in smooth knee movement
Benefits of Knee replacement:
1. Get rid of suffering and irritation
2. Relief from inflammation, stiffness, and redness of the knee
3. Can sit crossed legs
4. After surgery you can do walking, cycling & more
5. Get rid of bed and leg support
What is the cost of Knee Replacement Surgery in Delhi?
Cost of surgery depends on the following factors
1. The procedure performed and the technology used
2. Type of implant used in knee surgery
3. Any additional surgery required
After clinical diagnosis by our best doctors, cost estimation can be provided
MBBS, MS, M.Ch
MBBS, MS, DNB
MBBS, MS, M.Ch
Sama Hospital in Numbers
Book an Appointment
Yes, many health insurances cover total knee replacement surgery
You can start walking from the very next day and in 4-8 weeks after the surgery, one can return to enjoy their normal life
At Sama Hospital, our doctor will suggest you some exercises which you can do at home. And you need not to pay for a physiotherapist.
3 months after the surgery you can go running, cycling, and play low impacts sports. But returning to contact sports can lead to faster wear of the joint
Implants having a very high life span of more than 40 years are Uncemented implants.
Yes, implants are used in surgery.